Title Image

Title Image

About:

This blog is predominately about camera trapping in California. We camera trap to save our souls and to teach primary school students about biology and conservation. We will also touch on other camera trapping news and musings, sets from afar, mediocre herpetology, sucky birding, and other natural history discussions.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Brew Blogging

I know Beer has little to do with camera trapping outside of being pretty much the best thing ever after a long day of trapping. That being said we are going to do a bit of brew blogging here at CTC if there are no objections.  If you really don't want to see non-camera trapping or wildlife posts let us know and we will consider moving it over to a separate blog, but I think many of our readers will enjoy the once a month or so brew post.

I have been doing some all-grain beer brewing so I will be writing about your more traditional West Coast homebrewing.

Christian is doing some hipster brewing (things you have probably never heard of) and will write a bit about that.

We won't turn this into a beer blog, just some posts on our own stuff.  I will be brewing a new batch on Saturday and kegging a modified recipe of what someone was calling a Mojave Red that we brewed about a month ago. Yeah I liked the name too.

Welcome to the Fermentation Zone


5 comments:

  1. Mmm...that looks delicious! You got some nice dark stuff there, it looks like. A stout or a porter in there, mayhaps? Two of my favs. I'm thinking you should send some to me via airmail once it's bottled. :)

    I used to brew my own beer back in Grad. School. Once the kid came, the time just wasn't there.

    When we moved to NC, I got rid of all my gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does this hipster tag keep getting thrown at me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fight it Christian. You are the good kind of hipster. And now you will get your own tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trailblazer: If I remember right front to back, porter, pale ale, beer mat, American Wheat, Mojave Red Ale. Lighting is poor so things look a little darker and definitely darker than it would in a glass. The beer mat was kinda what it sounds like, left over grain, left over mix of wort, left over hops .... but turned out very drinkable a decent.

    The brew crew are grad student and post-docs all without child so we do still have just enough time to do the brewing. Gotta take a break from the bench now and then.

    Gives you another reason to make it out to CA sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little jealous of these brews you've got going..always wanted to try it but never have the space. YUM!

    ReplyDelete