Title Image

Title Image

About:

This blog is predominately about camera trapping in California. We camera trap to save our souls and to teach primary school students about biology and conservation. We will also touch on other camera trapping news and musings, sets from afar, mediocre herpetology, sucky birding, and other natural history discussions.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Finally Comes Up Heads

Okay, so if you called heads instead of tails you had 1:12 odds of winning the toss. Not great odds at all, but better than I may have left you believing.  Yes one bobcat turned up heads. It came down the trail, stopped for a sniff, right about where I knelled down, but did nothing else, I swear.



DSC00957.JPG

After a sniff it turned around and found something good to check out. Maybe it was another bobcat's poop, maybe the skunk left something, or maybe it was just feeling a bit frisky.



DSC00959.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

And then it turned and hammed it up for the camera



DSC00961.JPG

I swear I did not use a ball of yarn above the camera as a lure.

This Bob' did not seem to be scared of the flash, but rather thought she was Angie on the Red Carpet.

The camera caught this silly kitty in good focus. Is that a tick on her ankle? Maybe she wanted us to remove it for her.

Overall, I am very happy I finally got a rufus to look into the eye of the homebrew.

14 comments:

  1. I love the last shot! Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious Bob, some awesome captures there. I am envious of your desert trip, lots of sick shots...and just randomly running into some roadside condors? Rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seagull, yes Christian's desert road trip sounded awesome. I wish I had gone along. Roadside condors are very much a surprise. My only condors have been when specifically looking for them. Exciting, but not quite as good.

      Delete
  3. Great job! What a fabulous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nicholas. Been enjoying your bird travels.

      Delete
  5. As others have said....that last picture is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like that one trailblazer

      Delete
  6. Yes, perfection. When's the last time you washed your knees? That does look tickish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am embarrassed to admit I have no idea when the last time I washed that pair of jeans was. Maybe a couple of months. Did not wear them that whole time but used them camera trapping a few times. Very well could have all kinds of scents on them.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can practically make a 'plaster cast' off that paw in the last picture. Awesome shot!

    ReplyDelete