Title Image

Title Image

About:

This blog is predominately about camera trapping in California. We camera trap to save our souls and to teach primary school students about biology and conservation. We will also touch on other camera trapping news and musings, sets from afar, mediocre herpetology, sucky birding, and other natural history discussions.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Link dump

Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have a thesis committee meeting on Thursday.  Don't think only undergrads cram for exams, us grad-students do it in our own way too.  It is a race to finish three weeks of experiments in the one week before your committee meeting.  You know your committee is going to ask you to do said experiments so having some preliminary results to tell them about somehow makes you feel better.

Oh well ... on to matters pertinent to the blog.  The San Fransisco coyote invasion continues and Animal Control is trying to educate residents in order to minimize interactions.

I was also going to post about the California family who had their dinner party crashed by a dead Mountain Lion under their deck but the Codger beat me too it.

About a month ago there was a Mountain Lion shot in Redwood City in Randomtruth's neck of the woods.

Finally, I know I promised some book reviews many blog years ago, but I have tried to sit down and write them a couple of times and realized that I am horrible at writing book reviews.  I will give it one more try next week, but it may end up just being a list of books I have read recently and liked.  I don't have a future writing for the Old Gray Lady that is for sure.

UPDATE: A Mountain Lion was seen today in San Mateo County.  Plus a cool map of Mt. Lion sightings in San Mateo County in 2011.

UPDATE II: Via Bay Laurel Mountain Lion sightings in Marin County.  This is in the same neighborhood as three previous sightings.

1 comment: