Title Image

Title Image

About:

This blog is predominately about camera trapping in California. We camera trap to save our souls and to teach primary school students about biology and conservation. We will also touch on other camera trapping news and musings, sets from afar, mediocre herpetology, sucky birding, and other natural history discussions.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Adventures in Monterey Pt 1

On my way down to Carmel to meet Christian, among the hellish labor day weekend traffic, I made a quick stop at Jetty Road/Elkhorn Slough to take a look at the Sea Otters that frequent the area. I thought I only had about 20 minutes before I needed to get back on the road so that Christian and I would have a similar Carmel ETA. Turns out traffic was even worse for him and I could have taken longer and worked a bit harder to learn the camera and get better photos, but these will serve as try #1.

The otters were mostly sleeping in a big raft when I got there, so the opportunity for adorable action shots weren't there.

MC-0205
Rubbing eyes was about the most action these guys would do. A cropped shot where nothing seemed to be quite in focus. 


MC-0197
This one floated a bit away from the main raft and was the closest otter, but the bastard did nothing but backfloat


MC-0195

MC-0186
Foot tags abound


MC-0184
Wait, wait, an exciting eye scratch


MC-0183

MC-0181

MC-0180

Cute little critters that would eat your face off if you give them a chance.

Note: Edited for egregious typos

No comments:

Post a Comment