Title Image

Title Image

About:

This blog is predominately about camera trapping in California. We camera trap to save our souls and to teach primary school students about biology and conservation. We will also touch on other camera trapping news and musings, sets from afar, mediocre herpetology, sucky birding, and other natural history discussions.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Camera Trapping with the Codger


SFSU-5573


Simple and straightforward. What RT said. If you have not read his post click through because he said it better than I can.

I will only add that this was an amazing class for all the reasons, RT laid out, but it was also one of those experiences that will change the way you look at natural history.  As great of a professor Chris is, the thing he left me with was his nurturing of your excitement about wildlife. It is so contagious that you will start to dream of small rodents and elusive mustelids even if you would rather not.

But really the most important thing is that you will have a mentor for life. Chris will continue to help you out with your camera trapping for years after the course with advise, encouragement, and questions if my experience is typical and I am sure it is.  I also met RT during the course I took two Summers ago and with him and the Codger I made two great friends for life that I have continued to have adventures with to this day.

I could not recommend this course any more highly and I hope to stop by and see some of you there in the Summer of 2012 for a little alumni reunion.

Flickr images from 2010 course.

No comments:

Post a Comment